Monday, June 25, 2012

It's Going to be a Quiet Summer...

Rebecca left Saturday morning for Halifax.  She'll be on the Shearwater base doing her Navy basic training for 9 weeks. She was so excited to go, but I haven't heard from her in 2 days so I don't know how she's doing.  We are very proud of her!

This morning Zachary starting working full-time for the summer at the P&H elevator in Langbank.

Hannah will be busy cutting grass and working with her horses all summer.  I think she has a few shows planned and is taking some horses to a kids camp for 2 weeks.

It's going to be very quiet here... and I like it!

Except... the garden.  I have no one to help me weed, except for Lyle.  It is finally dry enough in the garden that we can get out there and start killing weeds.  We used the tractor yesterday to rototill between the wide rows, and Lyle is using the walk behind for the narrower rows.  The weeds are thick so we have to make a big effort to get things under control.  Believe it or not, there are seedlings under that solid mat of weeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment