Sunday, September 18, 2011

Predatory Goats

We shipped the bucklings on Friday along with a load of lambs and cull ewes to the Yorkton auction.  The 3/4 ton truck and trailer were loaded down with animals and 5 large wool sacks.  I wasn't at the sale so I have wait to get the cheque in the mail to see how we did for price. 

The goats have decided that they can push the steer off his grain when he's eating.  I can't wait until we have the goat pen done to lock up these pushy does.  They are sneaky.  They watch you until you turn your back, then they slide in and take whatever they want.  I don't think I've ever met a smarter animal.  So, anyways, I have to stand over the steer and guard him so he can eat in peace.  Those goats can hear the chop bin open from 500 yards away, so I'm going to have to get creative.


No comments:

Post a Comment